Monday 6 September 2010

A bizarre disconnect

I was fixing some errors in my "Hyper real religions" post, which I blame on a bad bout of illness, when I received an email from Derridata castigating Melinda Cooper, who is fast becoming a central figure in debates about biology and society:

"...woeful as Melinda Cooper's bizarre disconnect from political economy with weather turbulence...goddess help us if this morphs into Sloterdijk-inspired atmospherics

AT THIS POINT A HUGE AMOUNT OF TEXT HAS BEEN DELETED FROM THE ORIGINAL POST BECAUSE OF A REQUEST TO PROTECT A BLOGGER'S PRIVACY/PERSONAL IDENTITY. HOPEFULLY IT CAN REAPPEAR IN A MODIFIED FORM IN THE NEAR FUTURE. MY APOLOGIES.

So if some of Cooper's recent efforts are indeed disappointing, it's better to turn attention elsewhere. Steve Fuller informs me that his latest book favourably refers to this blog, so I look forward to receiving my signed copy, as well as preparing an interview, or some other kind of feature, which should appear here soon.

We also recently took in China Mieville's appearance at Kinokuniya, so I'll try to post some pics and maybe a brief writeup too.

No comments: