Saturday 15 December 2007

The Threshold HouseBoys Choir



I think I may have found some answers to my previous queries about Sleazy. A simple google search brought to light how Coil filmed their "Love's Secret Domain" video in Thailand, (in a male go-go bar), with John Balance and Peter Christopherson later channelling their energy into a side project, a group called The Threshold HouseBoys Choir.I'm posting these clips here as I await broadband access so I can not only see if I like the music, but whether the cultural representation is in keeping with any of my hypotheses advanced in the previous post. All I know so far is that the Choir is somehow related to a festival involving the transgression of physical pain thresholds by young men in a trance state. I'm sure derridata will want to point out to me that the Coil clip is not for the title track, "Love's Secret Domain", but I look forward to reviewing it anyway.
Can't help chuckling at the memory of reports of Nick Cave walking out of a Coil live performance on the basis that it was "too gay" for his tastes! Must check if Chris and Cosey have done any interesting videos as well, with any bearing on some of the topics raised thus far.

No comments: